Next Age Triage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Garrysmod Roleplaying community.Old veterans, new community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay Frameworks?

Go down 
+2
Captein
StarJerkins
6 posters
AuthorMessage
StarJerkins
The Artistic Owner
StarJerkins

Roleplay Frameworks? Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:21 am

As you may all know, roleplay servers use a framework or base (just as DarkRP uses a base and can be customized), the problem is that we do not have one, nor know which one to use.

I have narrowed it down to a few options that I would like to present to you and hear your opinion, if you want to know more about the different bases you must search it up yourself.

Open Aura
This is the basic base that most Half Life oriented roleplays operate on, it is a newer, optimized and better than nexus framework on some parts.

Nexus Framework
If you've been with us in SLA you know the Novus RP ran on it, but if you weren't then I shall tell you. The Nexus Framework is widely used for apocalyptic themed roleplays, it is slightly simpler than Open Aura bu also has some bugs that OA does not, Severance and such RP's usually use it as a base.

Clockwork
A rather new and unkown roleplaying framework which is similar to the others, but much more simple and possibly even more flexible. It is completely free of charge but the MINOR problem is that it is not out yet, and we cannot get a hold of a beta version at all, and the release date of it seems quite far away as well.

So what will be it be? Sci-fi-ish OpenAura, Apocalyptic Nexus Framework or Non-relased Clockwork?
Your comment would be apriciated, feel free to suggest other bases if you know any reliable ones.
Back to top Go down
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:50 am

Apples.
I'd be fine with everything that's written in lua, because I'm able to EDIT that.
I can make a new item out of another one of the same kind, but I cant make a new one out of nowhere.
Probably OA, because that missing ammo glitch is really nasty, especially in a game where ammo equals diamonds.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SgtSheep
Wulfeh
Station Resident

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:41 am

Actually the missing ammo glitch also happens in OA.
When you reload your weapon for the first time, holster it, equip it again, it will not have the ammo loaded into it like before, you have to change characters and back to fix this.
Dropping your weapon and re-equipping it or holstering it in your inventory by taking it, then equipping it will cause your ammunition to deplete, every time you holster the ammunition will continue depleting, it's a very annoying bug/glitch.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Sandvich
Station Resident
Mr.Sandvich

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I'd go with Clockwork. But really, anything's fine.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Freecookiesforyou
Wulfeh
Station Resident

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:01 am

I've tried OpenAura, and Nexus.
I'd prefer Clockwork, just something new instead of those two frameworks.
Back to top Go down
Termy
Beam Breaker
Termy

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Im with Nexus or Clockwork.
Can't wait..!
Back to top Go down
https://nextagetriage.rpg-board.net
Niko
Administrator
Niko

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Honestly, I don't care what framework we use. It's hardly even needed for a good experience, although a server with CakeScript won't attract as many players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Frameworks?   Roleplay Frameworks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Frameworks?
Page 1 of 1