Next Age Triage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Garrysmod Roleplaying community.Old veterans, new community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?

Go down 
5 posters

Should we use 1st person or 3rd person for the RP server?
We should only use 1st person
Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? I_vote_lcap56%Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
We should only use 3rd person
Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? I_vote_lcap11%Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
I don't care about 3rd or 1st person
Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? I_vote_lcap33%Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
StarJerkins
The Artistic Owner
StarJerkins

Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Empty
PostSubject: Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?   Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Niko and I had a discussion about if we should make the server 3rd person only or 1st person as well, 3rd person would make it easier for us to create the content and it means we can use Metro 2033 things, but it might ruin the feel and make it more of an MMORPG instead of an RP.
1st person would be harder to create, as we'd need two sets of models for most of the things (such as the viewmodel & worldmodel) but it would also be common to the RP theme and give it more of a feel that you are the person instead of looking upon them.

So what do you think?
Please vote in the poll and feel free to reply with a comment, same rules apply as always.
-StarJerkins
Back to top Go down
genxer250
Merchant
genxer250

PostSubject: Re: Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?   Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 pm

3rd person seams good, it also makes it different from all the other RPs and gives a diferent view, the only problem would be the crosshair. i dont realy care about how it will look but how it will play. 1st person would make you feel like you realy are the person(sad though you cant see your own hands, that would make it look awsome)and will make it more realistic.
so its a dificult choice
Back to top Go down
Wulfeh
Station Resident

PostSubject: Re: Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?   Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Definitely stay with 1st person.
3rd person is fine, but then you have to consider that people can see other people coming from behind, so that person would metagame or subconsciously metagame by turning around and doing some ridiculous /me.

Back to top Go down
Termy
Beam Breaker
Termy

PostSubject: First person has my vote.   Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:52 am

Im with first person..
Third may be cool, but like you said, it would loose its character bond feel, like your the character.
Guessing it would be hard to Roleplay with as well.

Eh who knows? Maybe one day we could find a scrip that enables us to use both.

But yeah!

First person is my choice in the poll.
Back to top Go down
https://nextagetriage.rpg-board.net
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

PostSubject: Re: Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?   Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 am

First person,

Because it's not helpful if players abuse the third person camera to look through walls (Which is, whatever game, usually possible). Also, third person roleplays may be new, but that would be too much of a MMORPG, which serious roleplay clearly isnt.
We're not World of Metrocraft after all.
Besides, a new player could think that it's just about scavenging and upgrading stats.
They'd start asking for PvP S2K with looting events, and some very fresh admins could do so (Though it'd be a horrible thing.).

Besides, it's not as scary when you know where the gun behind your back is.

Additionally,
Wulfeh wrote:
Definitely stay with 1st person.
3rd person is fine, but then you have to consider that people can see other people coming from behind, so that person would metagame or subconsciously metagame by turning around and doing some ridiculous /me.
^ This.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SgtSheep
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?   Server 3rd Person or 1st Person? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server 3rd Person or 1st Person?
Page 1 of 1