Next Age Triage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Garrysmod Roleplaying community.Old veterans, new community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few suggestions, by Captein.

Go down 
+3
Termy
Niko
Captein
7 posters

Starting weapons?
Yes, normal weaponry (Pistol+)
A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_lcap0%A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, horrible weaponry (Lead pipes)
A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_lcap33%A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No, they would abuse it
A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_lcap22%A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
No, I have a bad feeling
A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_lcap33%A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I dont care
A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_lcap11%A few suggestions, by Captein. I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

A few suggestions, by Captein. Empty
PostSubject: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:50 am

*Ahem, fake Russian accent go*

It would be very interesting to have a Dark Ones faction, with three players max. You would have to apply for it, and be an active member. It would be pretty nice, because we can test who's a good RPer and who isnt, as they obivously use fear as a weapon (FearRP).

*My standard german accent*

We might want to help them develop their chars. So, I think 3 people of us should make a char that will be PK'd once. I, would use my Khan-ish char for that. They'd die in some heroic action, let it be holding the defense of a tunnel, allowing the others to escape, or simply going topside to re-activate the air filters of the station. It would greatly help the people to develop their chars, too.

*3 Dark ones, 3 people, 3 suggestions. HMMMMM...*

We should let everyone start out with a Knife (Homemade, if possible to create), and maybe a cheap firearm, along with one box of ammo for it, where a box should contain 20 shots. Why? Because, scavenging is suicide without a weapon, and you'd have to scavenge to get a weapon.

No scavenging = No weapons
No weapons = No mutants
No mutants = No FearRP, excpet for Dark Ones.
No FearRP = Bad RP
Bad RP = Server fails, people leave.
Server fails, people leave = Money is wasted
Money is wasted = Sad

I hope you all get what I mean, and agree, or atleast agree on SOME of the Ideas.

- Captein
discuss

Last edited by Captein on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SgtSheep
Niko
Administrator
Niko

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 pm

While I like the idea of Dark Ones, I don't think we should have applications for them. Seeing as the publics opinion might not always be the correct one, and the result will most likely be influensed by favoritism and votes by those who have no idea what they're doing. I think the Dark Ones should be picked by the administrative team.

A good suggestion, although I think it would help people develop their characters more if we actually put them in the spotlight. For instance, send them off to retrieve some supplies in a dangerous area and then create an event around them with enemies and the like. It could be anything really, as long as we make sure it revolves around the player.

Yes, RP is boring without conflict, and conflict is boring without the means to defend yourself, but I still believe that weapons should be hard to earn and getting one should feel like a huge acomplishment. The solution is rather simple really, we just make some areas more dangerous than others. A dumb rookie could still go to the high-yielding but very dangerous areas, but the chances that he'll get out without a deadly case of radiation poisoning or the likes are very slim. I for one would find it exiting to scavenge in one of the lesser area, with my feet as the only means of escape.
Back to top Go down
Termy
Beam Breaker
Termy

PostSubject: Again Nice   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I like them, I get what you mean aswell.
I think we will let users create stuff, there might be a trader menu aswell.
But yes. Starting with a bad knife sounds good.
Back to top Go down
https://nextagetriage.rpg-board.net
Niko
Administrator
Niko

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:50 am

I don't really think the players should start with a weapon, it makes the value of the weapon drop through the floor, rather have people trade junk to buy one or craft one somehow.
Back to top Go down
Stuart115
Station Resident

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:43 am

I think we should give players jobs to earn money to buy the weapons. Its how they would do it in the metro itself other than starting with a weapon already.
Back to top Go down
Niko
Administrator
Niko

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 am

It'd be so much more immersive to have the players start their own businesses. I say we simply spread out some items to scavenge and keep a strict regulation on said items and then let people trade them around.
Back to top Go down
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:30 am

The thing is, who'd wander off into a tunnel without a weapon?
Just a bad knife would be enough to protect yourself from the dangers of the tunnels.
Back to top Go down
Termy
Beam Breaker
Termy

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 am

I agree with Captein. Chances are is that survivors will start with a weapon. Possible a stick or blunt knife.
Nah. A blunt knife will do!
Back to top Go down
https://nextagetriage.rpg-board.net
Stuart115
Station Resident

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:44 am

It would be better if we had a job system on the server. Like an Admin owns a buisness and the players get payed for the time they spend working.
Back to top Go down
StarJerkins
The Artistic Owner
StarJerkins

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:54 am

All good suggestions guys, but here is how I inteded the RP to work out.

Niko's system would be in check, strict regulation of the items and such, scavange-able areas that are more dangerous than others but has better loot, I'd most likely have a character with a buisness to give people something to do untill we get people active, if I need people I'll ask you guys.

I personally would not like people to start out with weapons such as pistols or knives, but possibly a misc item that can be found almost anywhere. Such as an old pipe, a sharp stick or similar objects (planks, etc.).

Dark ones I would like to keep strictly to events, as I cannot trust normal players with such and I even have a hard time trusting admins sometimes.

-StarJerkins
Back to top Go down
Mr.Sandvich
Station Resident
Mr.Sandvich

PostSubject: Yes, But on the other hand...   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 pm

On one side, I agree with the fact that players should start out with a weapon. Something that does low damage, and is purely for standard self-defense.

But on the other hand, I also think that would kill that little touch,
feeling like "Wow, I'm here on my own, I'll have to scavenge > to buy/get a weapon. > To defend myself.

That feeling (which also adds to some RP) Is a great way for new players to get used to the system.
So I'd say, don't let players start with a weapon. Cause in the end It'll probably cause problems.
Just like letting someone start with a phys (and definitely with a toolgun) Is usually just asking for trouble and mingebags.

The Sandfish has spoken. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Freecookiesforyou
genxer250
Merchant
genxer250

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:14 am

i think trusted people should get begin weapons and we should add more flaws to our char, lets make a rule that you should atleast have 1 personal flaw like "quikly gets angry" or "he is very emotional" or "is quikly scared" that will make people do more char development and "FEELINGS" i think we should have some time for our chars to know eachoter cose SOME chars would know eachoter from like "YEARS" ago
Back to top Go down
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Every character has a weakness, but it's not always emotional.
Some lost their family a few days ago, some lost their arm, some lost their mind. It's up to the player to have a weakness, though - but nobody's bulletproof.
Back to top Go down
genxer250
Merchant
genxer250

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Captein wrote:
Every character has a weakness, but it's not always emotional.
Some lost their family a few days ago,
yes but that has changed the person and his behavior like "dont make fun of his family(wich is dead) or he will become angry" like makarov said "everyman his his weakness..."
Back to top Go down
StarJerkins
The Artistic Owner
StarJerkins

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Genxer, I'd belive it is already basic RP rules to have your character have a weakness, and I'd believe as well a majority of GOOD roleplayers would perfer to have so. As super badass characters that has no weaknesses are pretty flat to RP as, good suggestion though...

And with the not starting with weapons or starting with very weak weapons. Personally, I wouldn't want the players to start with a weapon, but if they had to it would be lovely if they had weak ones. So really to me, either way it is fine. As long as the players just don't run around with RPG's and Flamethrowers.
Back to top Go down
genxer250
Merchant
genxer250

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 pm

basicaly it IS posible to make homemade flamethrower wich some guy whit high engineering skills could make but people would abuse this
but i think its more realistic if some people start whit a random weapon but you need an app for it and make a story from how you got it and need to be trusted by the team
Back to top Go down
StarJerkins
The Artistic Owner
StarJerkins

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:59 pm

I'd say that apping for a weapon to start out with would be going too far, the majority of players don't even check the forum before coming to the server (unless it is for a content pack).

Also, I will under no circumstances let a player run around with a flamethrower. There is a limit to the intelligence of the survivors in the metro, and even if they would need a lot of supplies. Factions have limited flamethrowers (if you ever noticed in the game you only see flamethrowers at stations or from the rangers).

Of course, these are all suggestions and I will take them.
Back to top Go down
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:11 am

About the flamethrowers, there is no such thing as deodorant in the metro, which is the thing you'd need for a homemade flamethrower.

About the apps, I would vote it to be like the flag apps - You'd have to mention a reason your character has it, a story with it (An even better one) and possibly even your OOC use for it.

However, I'd atleast recommend to let them start with a homemade knife, or even just a lead pipe.
Some people might be unsure about the tunnels, and could have played the game ONLY. In the game, entering the tunnels without a weapon is suicidal in all cases. Even if we dont spawn mutants inside the metro (Or rarely do so, like just for events), they wouldnt know, and some people have the urge to keep their character all the time.

About the Dark Ones, okay, event only. I'd be fine with that, absolutely.

And the rest, also okay.

I'll add a poll.
Back to top Go down
Niko
Administrator
Niko

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:15 am

Starting weapons would be abused, think of the damage people can do by just punchwhoring.
Besides, I'd rather have all combat RP'd out. Seeing as there's no possability of having "tunnel trash" such as nostalises or any other non-sentient creatures.

Edit: Also, you'd need a shitload of deoderant to make a lethal flamethrower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions, by Captein.   A few suggestions, by Captein. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few suggestions, by Captein.
Page 1 of 1