Next Age Triage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Garrysmod Roleplaying community.Old veterans, new community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom map/content?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Niko
Administrator
Niko

Custom map/content? Empty
PostSubject: Custom map/content?   Custom map/content? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 am

So, I was thinking I'd get to work on a map for the roleplay scenario in between school projects. I'm currently studying 3D animation and I've mapped for quite a while so I THINK I could create something pretty decent. Anyways, in order to do this, I will need a clear layout of the map. I have a very limmited knowledge of the story or design of the world in the book since I've yet to read it. So, here's a list of what I will need to begin:

• A blueprint indicating the placement of the specific stations/other areas in the map.
  • Reference photos that roughly shows the atmosphere of each specific area.
  • Planning regarding what rooms we need, whether it's shops or housing.

Once I have all this, I shall get to work! I really hope you can help me out here because I'd love to get to work.

Oh and by the way, if any model is needed then I'll do what I can. I can't yet make characters and I have little understanding of modelling for the Source engine but I think I might be able to hack models together or make simple props.
Back to top Go down
Stuart115
Station Resident

PostSubject: Re: Custom map/content?   Custom map/content? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 am

I can make you a layout and provide the images of style for you. I could make it on Paint.net and also let you know more about the story as I have read both the book and played the game.
Back to top Go down
genxer250
Merchant
genxer250

PostSubject: Re: Custom map/content?   Custom map/content? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 am

good idea about the map thing, it would be good if we made an item for it but how will we show the map on screen
*idea noise and lamp apears above head*
AAAH what if we use the CSS map thing and expand it on the screen or something, then we could see where we are but if we remove the dot or indicator of your current location we need to oriƫntate and would make it realistic
Back to top Go down
Captein
Caravan Guard
Captein

PostSubject: Re: Custom map/content?   Custom map/content? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Genxer, you got this wrong. We're talking about the map we play on, not a map that you see on the upper left in CS:S.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SgtSheep
genxer250
Merchant
genxer250

PostSubject: Re: Custom map/content?   Custom map/content? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:54 pm

oh sorry i kinda misunderstood it about a hand held map but you are talking about a server map okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom map/content?   Custom map/content? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom map/content?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Next Age Triage. :: Metro 2033 Roleplay :: General Discussion-
Jump to: